Event short description
In our fun interactive session, you’ll explore the flavors and experiences you have when eating food and how they translate to the flavors you taste in coffee. Compare up to three distinctly different coffees and understand what makes them different. By the time we’re done, you’ll be able to exclaim “bananas” with confidence!
- This host typically use zoom, but we can integrate with other systems.
- This event supports 10 - 500 participants.
Group participation level
- Medium - Guests will be sent a kit or prompted to participate in this event.
- 1 hour
- A kit to accompany the event will be delivered to each guest prior to the event date.
How it works
During this interactive experience, you will be able to compare up to three distinctly different coffees from top coffee producing regions around the world. You’ll learn the impacts that regions and roast levels have on what you taste in the cup. You’ll even learn how to use a coffee scoring card using key coffee tasting terms like body, acidity, flavor, and finish.
You’ll receive brewing tips you can use for any brewing method, and we’ll answer some age-old questions everybody wants to know like “How much coffee grounds should I use when brewing coffee?” and “Is there more caffeine in light roast or dark roast?” or “Where did coffee come from?”
Come along and have a blast with us as we compare notes with each other in this social gathering that is sure to energize your group! We’ll send everything you need except the coffee brewer and some basic items found in most kitchens.
Each guest of the event will receive these items in a shipment to their address.
- Three artisan roasted coffee samples (3 oz. – 4 oz. ea.)
- A coffee terminology booklet
- Informational flier about flavor attributes in foods
- A professional coffee flavor wheel
- Three coffee tasting / scoring cards
- A discount to order some more coffee from BeanHoppers.com
- Not supported
Shipping & delivery
This event includes a shipment to each guest's address. You'll have to provide addresses 21 days prior to the event to allow for shipping and delivery.
Shipping policy or exclusions
Shipping within the US is included in the cost. For international shipping, please inquire for a quote before booking. Some countries are not able to accept our kits. International shipping fees will apply. Leadtime will be longer.
Things you'll need
Each guest will need to supply the items below to participate fully in this event.
- A coffee brewer (your existing home brewer or preferred brewing method will work great, no special brewer required)
- A way to measure coffee (a measuring spoon, coffee scoop or scale)
- A way to measure water (a scale or a measuring cup)
- Optional Food items (milk or banana & 1 orange or lemon)
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Zoom
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Google Meet
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection
Bean Hoppers Coffee creates interactive Coffee Tasting Experience Events that engage and motivate participants. Each event is led by coffee expert Milinda Lane, Founder & CEO of Bean Hoppers Coffee. Milinda has a passion for teaching and creating energetic social events.