Event short description
Ready, set, take some action!!! In this interactive DE&I training workshop, participants become an ensemble with the power to transform their workplace dynamic for the better. Using exercises, games, and role-playing scenarios, we help your team reflect on solutions to conflict and misunderstandings. Great for professional development!
- This host typically use zoom, but we can integrate with other systems.
Book now - adjust headcount later
- Headcount can be adjusted up to 1 days before the event.
- This event supports 20 - 300 participants.
Group participation level
- Medium - Guests will be sent a kit or prompted to participate in this event.
- 1 hour
How it works
Using the Forum Theatre technique, participants will practice confronting a real life problem within a performance as both spectators and actors. Two professional facilitators will lead your group through an interactive and educational experience, including:
- An introduction and icebreaker game to foster unity and community
- A live and dynamic acting scene relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Open reflection and discussion about solutions to the issues and feelings generated by the scene
- A re-enactment of the scene where a select group of spectators can participate as actors and apply proposed solutions to the issues addressed
A form of interactive theatre, Forum Theatre is often related to areas of social justice with the goal of exploring solutions to oppression and inequality. By engaging in realistic scenarios, participants can gain a better understanding of how to tackle and address conflict through effective communication and understanding — both in and out of the workplace.
Note: This workshop deals with sensitive topics and is meant to spark conversation. Be prepared for a good uncomfortable feeling. It's designed to help us all navigate and grow!
This host supports the following options:
- Breakout rooms
Individuals can join this event remotely or as a group from the same location using a single device.
- Pre-assigned teams
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Zoom
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Google Meet
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection
LIT is the only "Theatricalized Murder Mystery" Experience to be consecutively featured in the New York Times, The Times of London, GQ Magazine, New York Magazine. Because our work is a reinvention of the corny, pun-laden farces, typical of murder mystery theater. LIT goes far beyond the “Murder Mystery Party”, instead we foster dynamic content that speaks to our clientele with intelligence, insight, and historically researched truth. Drawn from the twin worlds of true-crime murder mysteries and unsolved historical cases, real events serve as the inspiration for each experience. With LIT, participants experience the emotional heights and depths inherent to mortal situations, and thus, are instantly engaged. They are transformed from spectators to characters while being captivated by incredible performances, laughs galore, and the opportunities to get their own fifteen minutes of fame! Our audiences are part of a unique event that goes beyond team-building and directly engages them like nothing else currently on the market. Actualized by the country’s best interactive actors, the result is a collection of show/s grounded in reality, hilarious, and furiously compelling.