As you and your friends set off deep into the woods, terror creeps in
Our organization really enjoyed the Escape the Forest virtual escape room. The hosts were absolutely fantastic, engaging, and so professional, and the event itself was so much fun -- the level of difficulty and time it took for our group to complete is perfect. Everyone is still raving about it the next day, thank you so much and would definitely book with this team again!
— Sam H., Apple
Can you outsmart a museum curator to rescue a stolen masterpiece?
We were looking for a team-building activity and this was perfect. Our team thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We will be doing this again and mentioning it to other teams
— Lynne, Vanguard
Need a fun and interactive way to boost company morale and keep your employees engaged? Look no further than top-rated virtual escape rooms by Elevent! With escapes tailored for large or small groups, our online escape rooms are the perfect challenge for teams of any size.
In a virtual escape room team-building activity, all participants can interact with the puzzles, brainstorm ideas, and communicate with the moderator. This creates the ideal environment for teamwork, bonding, and friendly competition. Unlike an in-person escape game, a virtual escape room makes it much easier for all team members to engage and collaborate with their coworkers.
Our virtual escape rooms come in two different formats. The first is a purely virtual experience in which the participants engage in fully immersive puzzles and challenges to escape the room together. The second is a moderated version in which the participants direct the game host, who then solves the puzzles on behalf of the team. Both formats encourage communication, team building, and problem-solving – along with a whole lot of fun!
All players will actively participate with their teammates to solve the challenges. Together they will brainstorm, collaborate, and communicate over video, working towards a common goal and escaping the room before the clock runs out.
With a virtual escape room team building experience, players will work together by talking through various clues, games, and puzzles. The groups that succeed are the ones that can communicate and collaborate successfully.
Competition in the form of an online escape room can energize a team and motivate them to work together towards a common goal.
- Meet the host: When your group logs in, you will start by meeting the host. The host will provide an overview of what to expect and ensure everyone’s technology is ready to go.
- Team grouping: Depending on the virtual escape game you choose, your group may be split into smaller teams. Some online escape games will let you assign predetermined groups, while others do not have this capability.
- Solve challenges: Now it's time for the real fun to begin! The clock will start ticking, and the group will dive right into tackling challenges, solving puzzles, and uncovering clues.
- Winners announced: At the end, the host will announce the winner(s) and share how long everyone took to solve the virtual escape game. Some online escape rooms include a group photo, which the host will share with everyone after the event.
- Come prepared: Each team member should come prepared with a pen and paper. You never know when you might want to write down any clues, notes, or hints. Some virtual escape rooms require individuals to come with additional items. Once you choose an escape room game, you can learn more about other requirements under the "Things You'll Need" section.
- Find a quiet place: Before setting up the video conferencing platform, everyone will need to find a place in their home that's free of distractions or distracting sounds. If you can’t find a space, make sure to wear headphones. This guarantees that you can hear the directions, your team members, and any hints or tips that may arise clearly. (You never know when the host might accidentally drop a clue!)
- Communication is key: If you want to solve the escape room first, you'll need to communicate with your team. Sharing thoughts, comparing notes, and building on each other’s ideas throughout the activity will allow you to maximize efficiency and solve the escape room before your competitors do.
Keep your camera on: If your camera is off, you won't be as engaged in the activity. Encouraging your team to keep their video cameras on ensures everyone is present, engaged in the moment, and free of distractions.
Do you have seasonal virtual escape room games?
Yes! Whether you're looking for something festive during the holidays or spooky for Halloween, we have a variety of seasonal escape rooms ready to be booked. Seasonal or holiday-inspired virtual escape rooms are great for companies looking for an interactive holiday party, employee appreciation event, or a fun team-building activity.
When it comes to finding the best virtual escape rooms for your team, there are many different factors to consider, including price, duration, theme, and difficulty level. With Elevent, we make it easy to find the perfect escape room for your group.
If you need a recommendation, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We do all the legwork so you don’t have to. Stumped for ideas? We can help there, too.
Our curated events are easy to browse and easier to book.
We handle all the preparations behind the scenes to make your event a success.
We make it easy to plan a memorable event without all the stress. We do all the legwork so you don’t have to. Stumped for ideas? We can help there, too.
If you’re looking for an interactive challenge for a company-sponsored happy hour or a team-building exercise, a haunted escape room may be the solution for you. An escape room is an opportunity for your team to think critically and put their knowledge to the test as they partner with their team members to solve clues and challenges.
We’ve taken a deep dive into the world of virtual events, exploring data to determine what types of virtual events are most popular in 2022 (and beyond). In this guide, we’ll discuss trends and data about a variety of types of virtual events.
Companies are facing new challenges as hybrid and remote work continue to change the landscape of company culture and team experience. Even if your team is currently on-site, many believe that by 2028, 73% of all departments will have at least one remote employee.