Event short description
Join Kara Richardson Whitely, who has climbed Kilimanjaro three times and whose book Gorge is being made into a movie with This Is Us actress Chrissy Metz producing and starring as her, for this powerful wayfinding exercise. In this interactive session, woven with trail tales, Kara will help participants see the symbols and signs of their past and use them as markers for the path ahead to innovation and goal setting.
- This host typically use zoom, but we can integrate with other systems.
- This event supports 10 - 500 participants.
Group participation level
- Medium - Guests will be sent a kit or prompted to participate in this event.
- 1 hour
- A kit to accompany the event will be delivered to each guest prior to the event date.
How it works
In this session, we’ll share how Trail Blazes on paths around the world, not only keep you on track, they can save your life. You will learn the importance of markers and totems and share symbols that saw you through hard or great times.
We will go through several differnt markers:
- Small Group Share Owl Spotting: How do you interpret How will you find your way?
- Bear Encounters: How will you find your voice? - How will you learn to trust it?
- Lost & Found: Times we’ve gone off trail. How did we find our way back?
- Blaze Making: Crafting Symbols on wood slices as takeaway token
This host supports the following options:
This event uses break out rooms.
Individuals can join this event remotely or as a group from the same location using a single device.
For this event you can organize your guests into pre-assigned teams.
Each guest of the event will receive these items in a shipment to their address.
- Wood Slice
Shipping & delivery
This event includes a shipment to each guest's address. You'll have to provide addresses 15 days prior to the event to allow for shipping and delivery.
Shipping policy or exclusions
Shipping in the contiguous United States. Additional $10 for Alaska, Hawaii and territories.
Things you'll need
Each guest will need to supply the items below to participate fully in this event.
- Your Kit
- Access to a Video Conference Platform
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Zoom
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Meet
- Blue Jeans
- Cisco Webex
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection
Kara Richardson Whitely, a plus-size adventurer, author influencer and advisor, is the author of Gorge: My Journey Up Kilimanjaro at 300 Pounds, which is being made into a movie with This Is Us actress Chrissy Metz producing and starring as her. She has helped brands such as L.L. Bean, KEEN and Discover Puerto Rico connect with plus-size audiences. As a dynamic and sought-after speaker, she has presented for companies around the globe including Columbia Sportswear, Google, Pfizer, Smuckers Co. Uber, Dartmouth and Purdue. Kara has been featured in countless media outlets such as The New York Times, Good Morning America, The Today Show, She Explores and more.