Get To Know Ya Game Night: Holiday Edition1 hour 30 minute virtual event
Event short description
YOU DON’T KNOW MY LIFE! is an engaging, hilarious and life-affirming game co-created and hosted by L.A.-based entertainment journalist Dennis Hensley based on the fun, offbeat questions he developed over years of interviewing celebrities.
The special YDKML Holiday Party features all the fun of the traditional game and adds holiday-themed elements like special questions and optional prizes for Most Festive Zoom Background and Tackiest Holiday Sweater.
The game requires no preparation on your end except that players have their phones handy (or be able to open a second browser screen on their computer) so they can submit their answers as they watch the game on Zoom.
This game supports between 4 and 20 participants and we don’t need a headcount beforehand as long as at least four people are there at start time.
- This host typically use zoom, but we can integrate with other systems.
Book now - adjust headcount later
- This event supports 5 - 20 participants.
Group participation level
- Medium - Guests will be sent a kit or prompted to participate in this event.
- English, Spanish
- 1 hour 30 minutes
Included with purchase
- Video link
- Custom invitation and calendar invites
- Elevent Event Manager portal and homepage
- Guest information collection
- Messaging with host
To join this event, your guests will need
- An internet connection
- Computer / device
How it works
At the agreed-upon time, players click the Zoom link and join the meeting. After making sure everyone’s good to go technically, Dennis explains that the game plays out in three steps:
1) A work-appropriate question is posed to all players, like "What’s your favorite smell and why?” Players submit answers via a special web app on their smartphones or a second browser window.
2) The answers are mixed up and presented
3) Players take turns guessing who said what.
After that brief overview, the first round begins, with Dennis guiding you through each step of the way. Once an answer is correctly guessed, Dennis asks the person who wrote it a few fun follow-up questions...then the guessing continues until all answers have been guessed. We do as many questions as time allows.
At the end of the game, the person with the most correct guesses is declared the winner. But everyone feels like a winner because they laughed a lot and got to learn things about the other players that they didn't know before.
It all adds up to an experience that's fresh, fun and meaningful. The New York Times featured YDKML in its roundup of Best Conversation Starter Games and Star Magazine says the game delivers “lots of laughs and a great time.”
At the end of the game, the person with the most correct guesses is declared the winner. But everyone feels like a winner because they got to laugh a lot and learn things about the other players that they didn't know before, whether they're strangers or if they've been married to each other for 30 years! There's also a great pleasure to be had in remembering and sharing things about your own life that you haven't thought about in years. It all adds up to an experience that's fresh, fun & hilariously life-affirming, meaningful in a way that say, a trivia quiz would not be.
We'll cater the questions in the game to your people. Let us know which type you would like:
1) G RATED: Great for families with younger players
2) PG RATED: All adults but still safe for work
3) PG-13: All Adults but a little more on the provocative side (still way less edgy than Cards Against Humanity).
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Zoom
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Microsoft Teams
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection