History of the LGBT Movement45 minute virtual event
Event short description
In a fun and interactive lecture-style setting, discover fascinating and little-known facts about LGBT history!
- This host typically use zoom, but we can integrate with other systems.
- This event supports 1 - 35 participants.
Group participation level
- Low - Guests can sit back and watch this event.
- 45 minutes
Included with purchase
- Video link
- Custom invitation and calendar invites
- Elevent Event Manager portal and homepage
- Guest information collection
- Messaging with host
To join this event, your guests will need
- An internet connection
- Computer / device
- Additional things you'll need
How it works
Through a combination of historical pictures and personal anecdotes, your guide will walk you through The gay immigrant's saloon, terminology and labels and the hidden messages and "Hanky Codes" of times past. How chosen family plays a role in the community and the history of Stonewall, a place where they say the gay rights movement began. This class includes Q&A opportunities, giving participants the chance to ask more about Queer history & culture. This experience is led by a proud member of the LGBT community.
This host supports the following options:
- Breakout rooms
Individuals can join this event remotely or as a group from the same location using a single device.
- Pre-assigned teams
Things you'll need
Each guest will need to supply the items below to participate fully in this event.
- Access to a video platform
- An open mind and any questions you may have
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Zoom
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Cisco Webex
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection