Event short description
Want to turn your kitchen into a Thai Street Food stall?
Pad See Aew is a stir-fried noodle dish that is commonly eaten in Thailand. It can be found easily among street food vendors and is also quite popular in Thai restaurants around the world. This noodle dish is a total comfort food. It’s not spicy, totally family friendly.
- This host typically use google, but we can integrate with other systems.
- This event supports 5 - 1000 participants.
Group participation level
- Medium - Guests will be sent a kit or prompted to participate in this event.
- English, Thai
- 1 hour
- A kit to accompany the event will be delivered to each guest prior to the event date.
How it works
Master fragrant and delicious Thai dishes at home! Interactive online cooking classes allow you to have the authentic Thai cooking experience in the comfort of your kitchen through an interactive, live-streaming platform.
This dish is deeper and darker in taste and has a chewier texture of rice noodles coated in a rich, savory, slightly sweet brown sauce. It’s also one of those dishes that takes just a few minutes to make once you’ve gathered all of your ingredients.
In our class, we’ll cook along with you step by step in real-time and build your confidence as you create a complete Thai meal.
*If you have any dietary restrictions like gluten-free, nut allergy, or vegetarian, please feel free to let us know so we will use different sauces.
During your class:
- You can expect a fully-interactive experience, learning the same skills and techniques
- We will work directly with you in real time, cooking, answering any questions and offering step-by-step guidance throughout the class
- You will learn unique, Thai culinary tricks to use in the kitchen and tips for selecting the best ingredients for your own future cooking experiences
Each guest of the event will receive these items in a shipment to their address.
- Rice noodles
- White pepper powder
- Dried chili powder
- Seasoning sauce (light soy sauce, seasoning soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, black sweet soy sauce, and soybean paste)
Shipping & delivery
This event includes a shipment to each guest's address. You'll have to provide addresses 14 days prior to the event to allow for shipping and delivery.
Shipping policy or exclusions
Shipping inside the US is included in the listed cost. We are unable to ship to PO Boxes and International addresses.
Things you'll need
Each guest will need to supply the items below to participate fully in this event.
- Vegetable, canola, sunflower, or peanut oil
- Your choice of meat (chicken, pork, shrimp, or firm brown tofu)
- A large nonstick skillet
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Google Meet
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection
Sawasdee ka! I’m Krong Na-Songkhla, a Thai native, first learned Thai cooking as a child in the southern province of Songkhla. I spent many years helping my mother and grandmother prepare everyday meals for my family. Since 2001, I have lived in New York, Texas, Michigan, and Indiana, and traveled around the country. Along my journey, my family and friends have requested that I share my unique recipes and techniques in Thai cooking. I began teaching cooking classes and spreading my love of flavors to others. I have been teaching people the “True Taste of Thai” for over 10 years. Since many people may be intimidated by seemingly exotic ingredients, it is my goal to ease your worries and encourage you to experience the amazing world of Thai cuisine through my cooking classes. In addition, I authored and published her own cookbook, True Taste of Thai, available in both electronic and print formats.