Event short description
Our class gives you the tools and skills to make mochi memories with your fellow mochi-loving friends and family! We'll send you a Mochi Ice Cream Kit including all the shelf-stable ingredients and cooking tools so you can successfully make your own mochi. Just add your own favorite ice cream. Plus this mochi ice cream making kit makes 4 batches so you can keep experimenting with different mochi flavor combos.
- $99 / person
- This host typically use zoom, but we can integrate with other systems.
- This event supports 15 - 100 participants.
- English, Spanish
- 1 hour
- A kit to accompany the event will be delivered to each guest prior to the event date.
How it works
The cooking team from Global Grub will guide you in making this tasty treat. You’ll just need to provide your favorite (firm) ice cream and a bit of sugar and soon you’ll be a pro at making your favorite flavor combinations; and guess what, we even have suggestions for your dairy-free friends. At the end of class, you’ll have 8 custom mochi ice creams and a list of ideas (and the tools) for making more!
Each guest of the event will receive these items in a shipment to their address.
This Kit Contains:
- Sweet Rice Flour
- Potato Starch
- Matcha Powder
- Cocoa Powder
- Ice Cream Mold
- Dough Cutter
- Cooking Instructions
Shipping & delivery
This event includes a shipment to each guest's address.
Shipping policy or exclusions
We ship to the entire United States. International Shipping not available at this time.
Things you'll need
Each guest will need to supply the items below to participate fully in this event.
- ½ Pint Firm Ice Cream (we’re partial to Haagen-Dazs and Ben and Jerry’s; both dairy and dairy-free versions work great)
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Plastic Wrap
- Spoon (an ordinary tablespoon from your flatware works great)
- Heat Safe Bowl
- Measuring Cups (¼, ⅓ and ¾ cup)
- Microwave (or a steamer and stovetop)
- Firm Mixing Spoon
- Parchment Paper (optional, but makes for much easier clean-up)
- Rolling Pin
- Quarter Sheet Pan or even Two Small Dinner Plates
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Zoom
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Meet
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection
Whether you want to learn the art of sushi making, earn homemade mochi bragging rights, or delight others with personalized fortune cookies, Global Grub will guide you along your cooking adventures.
Our globally-inspired DIY cooking kits focus on handcrafted, extraordinary meals and treats. Each kit comes with the specialized non-perishable ingredients, unique cooking tool(s), detailed instructions and a shopping list for fresh/basic items (home cooks use their favorites to make it their own).