Event short description
Overcoming obstacles in 2022 and beyond. Join Kara Richardson Whitely, author of Gorge: My Journey up Kilimanjaro at 300 Pounds for an armchair adventure, sharing her stories from her three climbs up Africa's highest peak to her 100 miles of The Long Trail.
The host will travel to your location for this event.
See Location details below for more information.
- This event supports 10 - 1000 participants.
Group participation level
- Medium - Guests will be sent a kit or prompted to participate in this event.
- 1 hour
How it works
The joy of the Moving Mountains event is participants get to follow the journey up Kilimanjaro with interactive breakouts to help participants overcome obstacles.
Along the way, you'll learn how to:
1. Change the narrative. Listening to the experience of others allows us to create an environment that fosters diversity and inclusion, and that strengthens the entire group.
2. Start where you are. Don’t wait until everything is perfect before you start. Starts can be messy, just do what it takes to move towards your goal in small increments daily.
3. Bet on yourself. Believe in yourself first. Don’t allow other people to steal the wind from your sails. You’ll find support in surprising places once you decide you can do it.
4. Nothing changes if nothing changes. What’s holding you back? Once you identify how you are getting in your own way, you can make small changes that move you towards your goal.
5. Harness resilience for your path forward. This past year has challenged us all. How do we take the pain of our past and use it to transform ourselves into the stuff of legends?
*The client who purchases the event is responsible for supplying an office or venue
Things you'll need
Each guest will need to supply the items below to participate fully in this event.
- Pen & Paper
- An open mind!
The host will travel to your location for this event. Your host will be in contact with you after booking the event to coordinate details.
Kara Richardson Whitely, a plus-size adventurer, author influencer and advisor, is the author of Gorge: My Journey Up Kilimanjaro at 300 Pounds, which is being made into a movie with This Is Us actress Chrissy Metz producing and starring as her. She has helped brands such as L.L. Bean, KEEN and Discover Puerto Rico connect with plus-size audiences. As a dynamic and sought-after speaker, she has presented for companies around the globe including Columbia Sportswear, Google, Pfizer, Smuckers Co. Uber, Dartmouth and Purdue. Kara has been featured in countless media outlets such as The New York Times, Good Morning America, The Today Show, She Explores and more.