Event short description
Taste Coffees from Around the World is led by our accomplished Coffee Educators, James McCarthy and Cyrenthia Ngueya, who both have over a decade of experience teaching folks all about coffee. Get ready to learn how it's grown, how to taste it and best ways to brew the tastiest cup at home!
- This host typically use zoom, but we can integrate with other systems.
- This event supports 1 - 200 participants.
Group participation level
- Medium - Guests will be sent a kit or prompted to participate in this event.
- 1 hour
- A kit to accompany the event will be delivered to each guest prior to the event date.
How it works
We offer a Side-by-Side Tasting of four fresh-roasted coffees from around the world. The participants will be led through a side-by-side tasting of the coffees, similar to how professionals taste and evaluate coffees (“cupping”).
This host supports the following options:
- Breakout rooms
Individuals can join this event remotely or as a group from the same location using a single device.
- Pre-assigned teams
Each guest of the event will receive these items in a shipment to their address.
- 5 pre-measured servings of coffee
- One pound of coffee (to enjoy after the tasting)
- *Decaf is available by request upon providing your address for kit shipment
Shipping & delivery
This event includes a shipment to each guest's address. You'll have to provide addresses 14 days prior to the event to allow for shipping and delivery.
Shipping policy or exclusions
Shipping to domestic shipping addresses is included in the cost of the listing. We are able to ship to PO boxes. Expedited shipping options are available for an additional cost. International shipping is available to most countries around the world. Our international shipping rates are: INTL Ground - $65 (this is the base option) - 14 to 20 days for delivery INTL Expedited - $120 - 3 to 5 days Note: International shipping delays have been very unpredictable, so we cannot guarantee that they will arrive in time for the tasting via regular shipping. In the event that any international kits arrive late, those participants are of course still welcome to follow along during the tasting.
Things you'll need
Each guest will need to supply the items below to participate fully in this event.
- Kettle or pot to heat water
- Two spoons
- Two mugs.
- *Guests do not need a coffee maker or brewer for this tasting
- *A coffee grinder is preferred but not required as coffee can be shipped as whole bean or ground
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Zoom
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Meet
- Cisco Webex
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection
Driftaway is a Brooklyn-based coffee company started by a wife-husband duo, Anu Menon and Suyog Mody. We are a sustainability-focused coffee roaster, offering subscriptions in an environmentally and socially conscious manner. Featured in The Today Show, Good Housekeeping, WSJ, and more, we launched Virtual Tastings in 2020 as the pandemic was a few months in and have hosted 100's of tastings for Corporate teams.