Even though everyone has a work anniversary, they can still be very exciting for those involved. Each work anniversary provides you with an opportunity to celebrate a team member’s contribution, reflect on the years they’ve been with you, and thank them for everything they do.
Let’s take a closer look at why employee appreciation is a meaningful part of working with a company and look at some examples of work anniversary messages to get you started.
Why employee appreciation is important
Taking the time to celebrate work anniversaries sets the tone for appreciation in the workplace. Not only that, but employee appreciation is one of the best ways to improve company morale and increase your retention rate. By going the extra mile, you’re able to show your employees how much you value them as an individual and that their hard work never goes unnoticed. If you can keep your employees happy, you’re more likely to keep them for more work anniversaries to come. In fact, taking the time to recognize an employee can help increase engagement, productivity, and performance by 14%.
Here are a few of our favorite work anniversary messages you can start using today.
One-year work anniversary messages
- Has it only been a year? It feels like you’ve been with us forever! Can’t wait for the next five to come.
- We appreciate all you’ve accomplished in this past year and can’t wait to see what’s in store for you in the upcoming years!
- Happy work anniversary! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to the team. What would we do without you?
- Happy one-year anniversary! In such a short amount of time, you’ve shown your true value and dedication. We appreciate everything you do and can’t wait to see what’s in store for the years ahead.
- Wow, one year came and went fast! We all appreciate your contributions to our team’s success. Cheers to the next five years!
Work anniversary messages for five years and beyond
- Happy five-year anniversary! Our team wouldn’t be the same without you.
- Over the past years, you’ve proven to be an asset to our team. Everyone here appreciates everything you do, and we are grateful to have such a dedicated member of our team.
- Thank you for being with us through the ups and downs! We appreciate your decade of dedication.
- Congrats on another year! We’re lucky to have someone as loyal as you.
- You’re one in a million! We’re thankful for everything you do around here. Happy work anniversary!
Manager or senior-level work anniversary messages
- Thanks for being such a great leader for others in the workplace. We truly appreciate your commitment to our team and the company’s success.
- Happy work anniversary! We are lucky to have a leader like you in our department.
- Never forget: You’re more than just a manager for our team! You’re a leader, a teammate, and a friend. We’re thankful for everything you do.
- We must be the luckiest team on the planet to have a manager like you to guide us! Happy workiversary, I don’t know what we’d do without you!
- I’m lucky to have a mentor like you at work. Thank you for everything you do and helping me grow in the workplace.
Funny work anniversary messages
- You’ve been here for how long? There’s no way! It feels like you were just hired yesterday!
- This is a work anniversary? I thought it was a retirement party!
- You’d be happy to know we’d hang out with you even if we weren’t compensated to do so.
- Where would we be without you? I don’t think anyone wants to find out! Happy work anniversary, and cheers to many more!
- I want to thank you for everything you do for us. However, I couldn’t really come up with anything you do… Do you actually work here? Ha, just kidding! Happy work anniversary!
Thoughtful work anniversary messages
- Happy work anniversary! You are a true inspiration to others in the workplace, and I can’t believe we have been lucky enough to have you on our team for all these years.
- I think I can speak for all of us here when I say I feel lucky to work alongside you. Thank you for your dedication and contribution to our success. We are all lucky to have you.
- There’s not a doubt in my mind that you’re destined for greatness. It’s a privilege to have you on our team and work with you every day. Happy work anniversary! Here’s to many more.
- Happy workiversary! Thank you for bringing such a positive attitude to work every day. You’re truly a gem to work with, and we’re lucky to have you on our team.
- Working alongside you all these years, I have had the honor of seeing you grow, personally and professionally. You’re an asset to this team, and I can’t wait to see everything you’ll accomplish in the upcoming years.
Small messages like these can leave a big impact on an individual. It shows their work doesn’t go unnoticed and you appreciate everything they do in the workplace.
Most importantly, don’t be afraid to personalize the work anniversary messages to fit the employees! You can do this by recognizing them for a recent project they worked on, reflecting on the number of years they’ve been with your company, or sharing a funny memory. No matter how you decide to celebrate your employees, every small act of appreciation goes a long way.
If you’re ready to start making work anniversaries a priority, we recommend creating a company-wide calendar that highlights all your employees’ work anniversaries. Make sure someone is in charge of announcing the date in the work chat or during a meeting so they can get the recognition they deserve.
Taking your employee appreciation to the next level
Remember: Work anniversaries are only one part of the process of retention. For the best results, don’t stop with employee recognition and anniversaries. Make sure you’re also prioritizing team-building exercises, icebreakers, and happy hour events to increase employee engagement. Every small act that recognizes the individual can help take your business and company culture to new heights.
If you’re looking to improve the workplace, we recommend planning team-building activities throughout the year to keep morale high and foster connections between team members. Another great way to increase retention and keep your employees happy is building out a successful virtual orientation for new hires. By doing this, you set the premise for employee appreciation and show them just how important the individual is to your company.
Whether you’re looking for virtual team-building events or want to celebrate work anniversaries in a new and inventive way, the team at Elevent is here to help you through every step. Make sure to check out our list of virtual experiences or our blog for more ideas on how you can show appreciation for your team members.
Originally published at Mar 10 2022, 11:47:00 AM.
Updated on Sep 30 2022.