Event short description
This is a therapeutic movement experience that is specially designed to help take care of cranky bodies that sit for hours on end. A yoga mat is not required, but feel free to have it ready to use if you like.
- This host typically use zoom, but we can integrate with other systems.
Book now - adjust headcount later
- This event supports 2 - 500 participants.
Group participation level
- Medium - Guests will be sent a kit or prompted to participate in this event.
- 1 hour
How it works
No yoga experience is necessary; a standard class includes joint circles, jaw and neck care, feel good stretches, breath awareness, a mix of seated and standing work, and a closing meditation to let the eyes and brain rest and reset. The goal of this work is to be as approachable as possible for most people as we help care for tired bodies and minds.
This host supports the following options:
- Breakout rooms
Individuals can join this event remotely or as a group from the same location using a single device.
- Pre-assigned teams
Things you'll need
Each guest will need to supply the items below to participate fully in this event.
- 1 chair, a little space to stand and move arms/legs around.
- A yoga mat is not required, but feel free to have it ready to use if you like.
- A laptop or a screen with the ability to log into Zoom. For this event, we recommend a desktop or laptop for the best experience.
How to join
This event is delivered using the video platform: Zoom
Prefer to use your own platform? This host supports the following options:
- Google Meet
Other things you will need to join:
- Link to this event, provided after purchase
- Internet connected device, tablets and phones are supported
- Internet connection
Kristina has been teaching yoga for over 10 years and believes that our ability to move the body and develop mental focus can be a gateway to finding greater connection and meaning in a world where it's easy to feel disconnected and alone. Conscious movement gives your body/brain a much needed break as science has shown that prolonged stress leads to poor health, and taking a little time away from to-do lists and deadlines to care for yourself leads to greater efficiency, and positivity through the work day. Kristina has specialized training in therapeutic movement and nervous system regulation, and has a knack for being able to teach movement in a simple/approachable way. She is also known for her soothing voice and down to earth approach to mindfulness meditation. Meditation in the workplace is a growing industry due to science backed proof of how it benefits the brain. As our brain is the command center for everything we do, it is sound logic to take care of it by reducing stress and increasing connection!
Kristina's events can be mixed and matched or done as individual sessions (see individual event pages for full details):
1. Yoga for People Who Work at Desks: mindfulness baked into simple movements designed to mobilize stiff/cranky bodies due to hours of sitting. A standard class includes joint circles, jaw and neck care, feel good stretches, breath awareness, a mix of seated and standing work, and a closing meditation to let the eyes and brain rest and reset.
2. Approachable Meditation (even if you think you can't meditate): mindfulness meditation centers around giving the brain a job to do. As you train your brain to keep coming back to the point of focus (which could be a visualization, various breathing techniques, or silently repeating a phrase), something interesting starts to happen as you experience the spaces between active thoughts.
3. Self Massage: You, a Ball, and a Wall: this event is a treat! All you need is a tennis ball (or something similar), and enough wall space to stand and lean back against a wall or the back of a sturdy door.